Junior Finance and Administration Officer (m/f) - Brussels
Arvestar is a new Fund Management Company (located in Brussels) incorporated as a joint venture between Argenta Asset Management and Degroof Petercam Asset Management. Arvestar is the Manco of the Argenta pension funds (AIF) and will in the near future be appointed as the Manco of 2 UCITS funds totalling over 3 billion euros assets under management.
The Junior Finance and Administration Officer (F&A Officer) is responsible for all (financial) reporting and administrative matters of Arvestar and supports the daily activities. In addition, the F&A Officer participates in the oversight controls on the activities delegated to third parties and will support the colleagues in projects. In this role you will work in a ‘start-up’ environment where you will take up a broad range of tasks in function of priorities, needs and deadlines. This includes the following tasks:
- You are in charge of bookkeeping: keep accurate records of all transactions, process invoices, billing, control of A/P and A/R, treasury, reconciliation, …
- You prepare regulatory reporting, corporate & VAT tax fillings
- You perform financial analysis and assist with budget preparation
- You participate in internal and external audits
- You perform oversight controls on the Fund administrator, Custodian and Distributor
- You are responsible for the operational administration duties : implementation and optimization of procedures, contacts with external parties, contracts & Legal documentation management,...
- You closely collaborate with the Group’s colleagues at Argenta and DPAM as well as with third parties in daily activities and in the implementation of projects
- You have obtained a master degree in Finance or equivalent with a first relevant experience (1-5 years) in the financial services sector.
- You combine this with affinity for Asset Management and financial regulations.
- Thanks to your study or relevant experience, you have advanced Microsoft Office user. Experience with financial software is a plus.
- To support and advice Arvestar in their daily activities a strong analytical and critical mind is necessary. You also have good financial/numerical skills to bring the financial tasks to a successful conclusion.
- Obviously solid organization skills are a must. You quickly get an overview of tasks, determine priorities and connect the dots on a broader level.
- You are proactive, flexible, pragmatic and have a ‘can-do’ mentality.
- You are a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills. You will work in a small team but you are able to connect with different stakeholders. You can also build a network within Argenta and Degroof Petercam Asset Management.
- You believe that words like independence, team spirit, customer focus, ethics, sustainability and entrepreneurship are not just words.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch, English and French.
- A unique opportunity to participate in the development of a fund management company in a start-up environment in Belgium. Our offices are located in Brussels.
- By working for Arvestar, you will join a new UCITS and AIF management company with strong growth potential supported by two Belgian family-rooted leading financial institutions that combines in-depth expertise with a strong collective knowledge at the service of their clients.
- We think that it is not the size of a company that makes it great, but its human values and the accessibility of its people. We are committed to invest in our people in order to attract and retain top talent and to produce the best work.
Are you interested in this job opportunity? Please apply online!
In case you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Hanne Coolkens via firstname.lastname@example.org.